Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I am baaaaaaaaaaack in the US of A!

Hi All,

I am baaaaaack!

The view from my backyard...downtown Atlanta is in the background...close but it feels a long way away :)

Got in late last night. Fall in Atlanta is beautiful...I forget every year what a pretty place I live in.

Thanks for the interest and support during my trip...travelling alone, it was nice to have my blog and a thread on TB to always feel somewhat connected to folks.

I REALLY enjoyed the my adventures. Bolivia is TRULY an amazing country. The people there were very kind and friendly towards me. I was a bit scared before I left and you do want to keep your wits about you but I think it is a very safe place to travel to. I am already planning a return a trip. My plan is then to continue cycling south for a few months to the bottom of Patagonia. Its heading into the rainy season right now so April onwards would likely work. If anybody is interested just contact me off board...I am not looking to be a tour agent but I'd love some company for the mtn bike and climbing portions prior to biking and I am happy to help anybody with advice etc elsewhere. .

After six weeks of not just travelling there but MANY great conversations with fellow Bolivian travellers and a bunch of tour leaders/operators I really feel like i know the place. Again, it is an amazing place to visit for anybody that lusts for a bit of adventure...its also extremely friendly and inexpensive

Thanks Again & Cheers,
Neal

PS I owe a bunch of folks pics an email...please give me a day or two to wash my bike and clothes before thinking too badly of me! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Hopefully you can be convinced to do a slide show or presentation.

cathi said...

welcome back!

Neal said...

Thanks!

Lorna,

I don't think Trailblazers would be interested (not a race...although it often felt like one :)) but I might try REI or Charbons Outfitters. I actually surprized myself and enjoyed doing a presentation for the Artic team Challenge :)

Cathi,

I hope to catch up with you in Chattavegas before I take off...I see you have nbeen busy!

I was sad to miss the Farmer bike and beer extravagangza :( hopefully next year ;)

Cheers,
Neal