Friday, November 16, 2007

Day31. More chilling and Packing in Sucre for a 2 Day Trek and the Trip Home

Update: Trekking Pics

Photobucket Album


Hi All,

I had a fun last night...Sucre has a lot to offer the weary traveller...so I did wake up a bit late...oh well, I´ve had may share of early starts on this trip :)

I had a few things to do...I had to found a bike shop and paid US$2 for a suitable cardboard shipping box for my bike...I´ve now got my bike all packed away. I was really happy with it and I was sad to be packing up. I've promised some TLC when its unpacked in Atlanta...I'd like to see it make it all the way to the bottom of Patagonia! Hopefully next year ;)

I also had to find a way to get to Santa Cruz for my 10am flight on the 20th. The strikes, blockades, 15 hours bus ride and tight time frame made the bus quite unattractive so happily I was able to buy a plane ticket for about US$50 that leaves Monday morning. I´ll get another fun night in Sucre plus a bit of time for shopping in Santa Cruz. Its a great deal!

I am all packed for a 2 day trek which starts tomorrow morning...I´´ll get to get up high again...its weird to think Sucre sis a bit below 10,000ft but after 30 days a around 12,000-14,500 ft it feels like sea level. I´ve gotta get out and do some serious road bike climbs once I get back to Atlanta before my blood readjusts :)

I am off to enjoy another 5 star meal for about US$8....its going to be rough adjusting back to US currency ;)

I hope everybody is well!

Cheers,
Neal

I hope everybody is well

No comments: