Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 28: Leaving Potisi for Sucre - well NOT quite yet!;)

UPDATE: Well its 2pm here & I am still here....panniers are fixed,bikes packed but I am still not feeling 100%. I think 4+ hours ofhard riding and then likely camping out above 13,000ft could leave me in pretty bad shape so I've decided to hunker down in Potisi one more day. I now know where to eat and where to go & I've got Cinemax in my room. I expect i'll feel 100% tomorrow morning and may be able toreach Sucre tomorrow night...its 180km of but I've been told the road is quality.

Cheers,
Neal

________________________________________

Hi All,

Well is 9am and I hope to be on my bike by 11:30am and get a solid 60-80km in on the way to Sucre. I think i'll makeSucre a bit of a base and I´ve been invited to do a 2-3 day trek on a remote portion of the Inca trail. It would be great way to finish off my trip.

My bike is iin need of repair..I managed to break one of the panniers so purchased some heavy grade wire yesterday and will have a go to fix after breakfast. I've been told the road to Sucre (180km) is MUCH better then the hell road from Uyuni to Potisi I rode a few days ago...if so my makeshift repair should be fine.

Anyway...I am off to find food!

I hope everybody is well!

Cheers,
Neal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleased you made it out of the mine OK....
Some of that dynamite and Ammonium Nitrate could make a sweet 'solid rocket booster' and get you to Sucre real pronto! A

Anonymous said...

Hey Neal. I need the links for the pics you took of us in the jungle in rurre, but I don't see any option to email you and I don't want to leave my email here in case it gets flooded with junkmail.. what do I do?

Neal said...

Hi Margrethe!

My email is neal@explorergrp.com (its already flooded!). Please send me an email and if possible include the email of the other good folks on the trip...I lost everyone's email you may have :(

I hope your doing great!

Cheers,
Neal

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Pleased that you have stayed the extra day to recover. Eat well - sleep well. Hope you are feeling better.
By the way WHERE did you throw that stick of dynamite?
The news is that there has been a 7.7 earthquake in Northern Chile which has been felt from Santiago to La Paz!! Not a time to be on a mine tour.
Cheers Mum