Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 30: Chilling and Neal teaches English (GASP!) in Sucre

Hi All,

I got up about 7:30am and quickly found a great breakfast (with 4 Lattes!), internet and also called work in the US (Teresa is doing great things for ETG!)...while having breakfast I met my friend Webke from Germany ...she is spending a few weeks in Sucre teaching german and English. She asked me (as a native speaker!) to help with her conversational and essay class. She has a small group of six young (17 year old) female students. It was hilarious!, conversaion was based around their drinking partying...it seems teenage girls are the same everywhere.

Around 3pm I am meeting for coffee with some of the great folks I meet a few weeks ago in Rurrenabaque (jungle trip) and we are planning a 2 or 3 day trek on some of the Inca trails in the area...it is suppose to be great trekking and I think it will be a great way to finish of my time in Boliiva. I have ridden almost a 1000miles on over some very tough and treacherous terrain so a bit of time on my feet will be good :)

My plan is to pack up my bike and gear for the plane, terk for a 2/3 days and then catch an overnight bus to Santa Cruz (my first use of public transport in Bolivia). I fly out of Santa Cruz on the morning of Nov 20th.

I hope everybody is well!

Cheers,
Neal

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear. I think you should claim to be teaching "English" (quotes required). Who knows what kind of lasting effects you could have on Bolivia!

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm, teaching 17 year old girls about drinking and partying.... I'll just look that up in my ethics book!

Namrita O'Dea said...

..and it took you a whole 30 days to find the 17 year old party girls?!

j/k :)

1000 miles...that's good stuff! you must be quite strong right now..be sure to be nice to me when we ride again...

Anonymous said...

....at least he knew the subject matter.

Sorry to hear this adventure is coming to an end, I have enjoyed following it. As always you are an inspiration. Be safe.

Eddie O